ECNP Workshop for Early Career Scientists in Europe
16-19 March 2023, Nice, France
Call for abstracts!
Read here on how to attend this Workshop and submit your abstract via the button below.
Aim of the Workshop
The ECNP Workshop aims to stimulate high-quality experimental and clinical research in brain disorders and their treatments by promoting and encouraging the development of Early Career Scientists seeking to pursue research careers in neuropsychopharmacology.
The three-day Workshop is a great opportunity for Early Career Scientists in Europe to come together with research leaders to discuss the latest advances and perspectives on specific topics.
As every year, the Workshop focuses on three recurring topics and one variable topic.
The three recurring topics are:
- Molecular and cellular: New findings in molecular and cellular mechanisms related to the causes, characteristics and control of psychiatric and/or neurological disorders. Cellular, animal and human studies are considered.
- Behavioural and systems: Novel insights into behaviour and the neurobiological mechanisms and neural circuits underlying its induction, control and coordination. Both animal and human studies are considered.
- Clinical neuroscience: Recent findings in the field of clinical neuroscience.
The variable topic of 2023 is:
- Lifestyle: we will explore some key lifestyle factors, including nutrition and urban (green space) environment, which play a role in mental health. It is important to critically examine the scientific evidence base linking nutrition and environment to mental health, including its decline, and learn about the critical challenges ahead.
Within each topic two distinguished scientists will address specific themes, after which there are short presentations by five early career scientists invited to present their research.
- A platform for 100 Early Career Scientists to meet with inspiring speakers and experts in the field and present their research poster in the beautiful city of Nice.
- An invitation to 20 participants (five within each topic) to give a short oral presentation on their research during the Workshop.
- An opportunity for some participants to present at the New Findings Symposium at the ECNP Congress 2023.
- An opportunity for some participants to present during the ECNP’s Got Talent Session at the ECNP Congress 2023.
- An Excellence Award for 4 runners-up to attend the ECNP Congress 2023.
- A chance to get an abstract published in a supplement to the journal Neuroscience Applied.
- Free registration.
- Hotel accommodation in a shared room.
- Travel subsidy for participants from countries with a developing economy.
This committee is charged with the organisation of the Workshop, designs the programme and reviews all abstract submissions, with a view to encompassing forward-looking perspectives on specific topics, and promote and encourage the scientific development of European (pre-) doctorates and medical residents. Read more here.
Visit our history page for more info about our past ECNP Workshops.
Participants of the ECNP Workshop 2022.