General Congress information
Centre Convencions Internacional de Barcelona (CCIB)
Plaça de Willy Brandt 11-14
08019 Barcelona, Spain
What is the ECNP Congress about?
The ECNP Congress is Europe’s largest meeting in applied and translational neuroscience, annually bringing together some 5,500 psychiatrists, neuroscientists, neurologists and psychologists from around the world to share the latest discoveries and developments in the science and treatment of disorders of the brain.
Spanning the spectrum of human mood, behaviour, cognition and emotion, from basic science to clinical care, the ECNP Congress is Europe’s premier showcase for new research, treatments and technologies in applied brain science.
The ECNP Congress is for everyone with an interest in the best in CNS innovation:
- Treatment research in psychiatry, neurology and psychology
- Mental health care
- Discoveries in neuroscience and neurobiology
- The latest developments in industry innovation
- Public policy and regulation
- Patient issues
Discover the future of CNS treatments. Join us at the ECNP Congress in-person or virtually!
What is the hybrid Congress format and what it means for the participants?
The ECNP Congress is held at the Congress venue and presentations are given in-person by high level scientist and almost all presentations are live streamed to the Congress platform.
Participants can choose between two participation options, in-person or virtual.
For in-person participants the congress offers to:
- Visit the full range of Scientific Sessions and Symposia
- Interact face-to-face with speakers, clinical experts, and research leaders and network with colleagues at catered lunch/coffee breaks
- Participate actively in ‘Love Your Brain’ activities, Top Paper, Campfire and Career Development Sessions
- Discover the latest in industry developments at the Industry Sessions and exhibition
- Experience the exceptional attractions of Barcelona’s fabled capital
- Access all online content both during and for three months after the Congress until 11 January 2024 at 12.00 CET (Central European Time)
Participants who prefer to join the Congress virtual from their home or office the Congress offers to:
- Follow Scientific Sessions and Symposia by livestream anywhere in the world
- Participate in online interactive features and live Q&As
- Interact with industry partners via livestreamed Industry Sessions and online exhibition stands
- Connect with colleagues using the online networking platform
- Access all online content both during and for three months after the Congress until 11 January 2024 at 12.00 CET(Central European Time)
All times mentioned in the programme are in the Barcelona time zone CEST (Central European Summer Time). The livestreamed sessions will be recorded for on-demand viewing, by registered participants only, until 11 January 2024 at 12.00 CET (Central European Time).
The official language of the 36th ECNP Congress is English. No translation and/or subtitles will be provided during the sessions.
Be aware of fake websites!
There are several agencies and websites offering services linked to the ECNP Congress in Barcelona (mostly registration and accommodation). More info.
Help promoting the 36th ECNP Congress by using our promotional kit.
Public transport discount in Barcelona
The Turisme de Barcelona and its Convention Bureau offer participants of the 36th ECNP Congress a 10% discount on public transport in Barcelona.
Buy your travel pass here.
In scheduling the ECNP Congress, ECNP takes account of the religious festivals of all the major European faiths. However, because not all dates are always available to us, overlaps are very occasionally unavoidable. In these situations we make great efforts to ensure that the overlap – and any inconvenience to our participants – is as minimal as possible.
Social Responsibility and Sustainability
ECNP is committed to supporting the European Commission’s ‘Fit for 55’ plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the region by 55 percent by 2030.
We continue to introduce measures to limit ECNP’s carbon footprint and move the organisation towards our target of carbon neutrality, including at the ECNP Congress and throughout ECNP’s operations.