Hot Topic Virtual Meetings
During these unprecedented times, the ECNP Traumatic Stress Network releases 'Hot Topic' videos every two weeks. Experts discuss the latest research and best practices for dealing with exposure to terror and trauma. Future dates are:
- 28 Sep 2023 at 20.00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Suicidality after combat
Matthew Nock, USA
- 26 Oct 2023 at 20.00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Psychological first aid
Rodrigo Figueroa, Chili
- 30 Nov 2023 at 20.00 CET (Central European Time)
MHPSS for communities affected by war
Joop de Jong, The Netherlands
Previous Hot Topic Virtual Meetings
26 June 2023 — Watch the new video on 'Veterans peer support on coping with PTSD' with Robin Imthorn, the Netherlands, and Artem Denysov, Ukraine.
To the complete playlist
Iryna Frankova is the chair of the ECNP Traumatic Stress Network.
- 18 July 2022 — In this video, she is interviewed on Deutsche Welle in this special piece on war trauma.
- 15 April 2022 — She was interviewed by ECNP press officer Tom Parkhill about the situation in Ukraine.
To the interview
During the year, the Traumatic Stress Network organises meetings for its members (also at the annual ECNP Congress).
|Journal and link to the article
|Frankova et al.
||Digital psychological first aid for Ukraine
|The Lancet Psychiatry
|Schmidt and Vermetten
|Integrating NIMH research domain criteria (RDoC) into PTSD research.
|Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences
|Zohar et al.
|Secondary prevention of chronic PTSD by early and short-term administration of escitalopram: a prospective randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial.
||The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
|Vermetten et al.
|Pharmacotherapy in the aftermath of trauma; opportunities in the 'golden hours'
|Current Psychiatry Reports
Other symposia and events
- Risk management of terrorism induced stress — guidelines for the golden hours (who, what and when)
Editors: Vermetten, E, Frankova, I, Carmi, L, Chaban, O, Zohar, J; IOS Press, 2020
The Traumatic Stress Network organised symposia at different congresses (e.g. ACNP meeting, NATO advanced research workshops):
- Workshop 'PTSD Prevention Meets the Golden Hours' on 9 June 2022 at the CINP Congress 2022 in Taipei, Taiwan.
- ‘New drugs for PTSD prevention and treatment: are molecular targets of PTSD prevention and PTSD treatment similar?’ (7 December 2017, ACNP Congress).
- Marie Curie grant about an approach golden hours for the curative treatment of anxiety and PTSD (GHO4CURE).
- Marie Curie grant about an approach golden hours for more resilience (GHO4MORE), 2019.
- Automated remote monitoring of resilience (ARMOR), NATO Multi-year application, 2019.
Targeted Network Meetings