Hot Topic Virtual Meetings
During these unprecedented times, the ECNP Traumatic Stress Network releases 'Hot Topic' videos every two weeks. Experts discuss the latest research and best practices for dealing with exposure to terror and trauma.
9 June 2022 — Watch the new video on 'Supporting the occupational health of journalists covering war'.
To the complete playlist
Upcoming dates are:
- 7 July 2022 — 'Leadership and mental health of the serviceman' with Joshua Morganstein, USA
Register in advance
- 21 July 2022 — 'Moral injury at war' with Rakesh Jetly, Canada
Register in advance
15 April 2022 — Iryna Frankova, chair of the ECNP Traumatic Stress Network, was interviewed by ECNP press officer Tom Parkhill about the situation in Ukraine.
To the interview
During the year, the Traumatic Stress Network organises meetings for its members (also at the annual ECNP Congress). Topics of discussion of the most recent meetings:
- Digital phenotyping
- Moving from bedside to bench and back again; strategies towards targeted interventions in PTSD
|Journal and link to the article
|Schmidt and Vermetten
|Integrating NIMH Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) into PTSD Research.
|Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences
|Zohar et al.
|Secondary Prevention of Chronic PTSD by Early and Short-Term Administration of Escitalopram: A Prospective Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Trial.
||The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
|Vermetten et al.
|Pharmacotherapy in the aftermath of trauma; opportunities in the 'golden hours'
|Current Psychiatry Reports
- Risk management of terrorism induced stress — guidelines for the golden hours (who, what and when)
Editors: Vermetten, E, Frankova, I, Carmi, L, Chaban, O, Zohar, J; IOS Press, 2020
Targeted Network Meetings
- ‘Personalized interventions in the golden hours; translational research in secondary prevention of PTSD’, 2018, 31st ECNP Congress Barcelona, Spain.
- ‘Memory as a critical endophenotype for stress related disorders – roadmap for research’ (2 September 2015, after the 28th ECNP Congress, Amsterdam, Netherlands).
Other symposia and events
The Traumatic Stress Network organised symposia at different congresses (e.g. ACNP meeting, NATO advanced research workshops):
- ‘New drugs for PTSD prevention and treatment: are molecular targets of PTSD prevention and PTSD treatment similar?’ (7 December 2017, ACNP Congress).
- Marie Curie grant about an approach golden hours for the curative treatment of anxiety and PTSD (GHO4CURE).
- Marie Curie grant about an approach golden hours for more resilience (GHO4MORE), 2019.
- Automated remote monitoring of resilience (ARMOR), NATO Multi-year application, 2019.