Provisional topics 33rd ECNP Congress
The scientific programme forms the central part of the congress.
Please find below a selection of the key topics for the scientific programme.
- From synapses to symptoms – targeting the synapse in psychotic and related disorders
- The future of smartphone-based applications in psychiatry – from data acquisition to patient management
- The usefulness of cell models for neuropsychiatric disorders
- First demonstration of a trans-diagnostic quantitative biology approach to neuropsychiatry
- Psychiatric dimensions and OMICS
- Translational approaches to stress resilience: from neurobiological mechanisms to treatment implications
- Prevention of mental disorders in Europe - where are we?
- Brain aging and associations with lifestyle, stress and affective disorders across the lifespan
- New insights into late-life depression from tau and amyloid brain imaging
- News in anxiety disorders - epidemiology, entities, effectiveness and epigenetics
- Correction of circuit specific and dendritic alterations in Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities
- Dietary interventions for mental health conditions
- Targeting astrocytes and neuroglial interactions as new targets for therapeutic strategies in CNS disorders
- The role of appetitive gut hormones in eating and addictive behaviours: identifying novel treatments for addiction
- Alcohol addiction as a network disorder: evidence from structural, functional and neurochemical brain connectivity and implications for treatment
- Deep brain stimulation strategies for schizophrenia: from ethical considerations to clinical trial results
- How does developmental trauma induce psychosis in adulthood?
- Molecular agents as new tool in diagnostics and treatment of severe mental disorders: beyond the DNA
- Cognitive probes for clinical applications in the management of depression and alcohol dependence
- Novel strategies to understand and treat Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Contributing data to neuroimaging research consortia
- Psychedelic medicine 2.0: what’s in a dose?
- Prescribing in pregnancy: risks and benefit with real world practice
- The heart-brain connection: less antipsychotics and more statins for a healthier heart and brain?
- Suicidality in children and adolescents with externalizing disorders
- Optimising ECT Practice: maximising benefit, minimising side-effects