ECNP Rising Star Award
With the ECNP Rising Star Award, the ECNP honours an early career researcher with clear focus on translational neuroscience and the potential to advance the science for treatment and prevention of brain disorders.
The 2020 ECNP Rising Star winner is Martine Hoogman. She has a master in clinical neuropsychology (University of Amsterdam) and she obtained her PhD after studying adult ADHD on multiple levels: cognition, brain functioning and genetics (2013, Radboud University Nijmegen).
The award winner will be honoured with:
- An unrestricted prize of EUR 2,000 and a commemorative certificate to be presented at the ECNP Congress.
- An invitation to the ECNP Congress with faculty benefits for travel and hotel.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates must be nominated by an ECNP member. Self-nominations by early career ECNP members are allowed.
- Candidates must be between 2-7 years after their terminal (Ph.D. or M.D.) degree with extensions for maternity, paternity, clinical training, and national service or long-term illness.
- Candidates must be residents of a European country* and affiliated with a university, research institute or hospital, and whose research originates primarily in Europe.
*The 47 countries of the Council of Europe, as well as Belarus and Israel.
How to nominate a candidate
The following electronic documents were requested to be submitted by e-mail:
- A summary curriculum vitae, including personal details, education and academic degrees, appointments, research experience, prizes, awards, membership of professional organisations, publication lists, etc.
- A short candidate’s letter of motivation (max one page)
- A nominator letter describing the contributions to and potential for translational neuroscience (in the case of self-nomination, also written by the candidate).
Selection of the winner
The winner is appointed by the ECNP Executive Committee on recommendation of the ECNP Award Committee.
The award cannot be shared and cannot be won more than once by the same individual.
The award will be presented at the 33rd ECNP Congress Virtual, 12-15 September 2020. Click here for more info about this session.