ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award
The ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award recognises exceptional research achievements in applied and translational neuroscience.
The award is granted each year, alternating between pre-clinical and clinical research.
The 2021 award is in pre-clinical research.
The award winner will be honoured with:
- An unrestricted prize of EUR 10,000 (EUR 7,500 for the winner personally, and EUR 2,500 for a collaborator – or collaborators – of the winner’s choice.
- A commemorative statuette and certificate.
- An invitation to present the award plenary lecture during the ECNP Congress.
- An invitation to publish a review article in European Neuropsychopharmacology (to be submitted within 6 months after the award is granted).
In addition, the winner of the award will be asked to join the Award Committee for the duration of one year (the year the next winner of his/her area, thus pre-clinical or clinical research is selected). The winner may be asked for an interview, to be published in ECNP communication channels.
Who is eligible?
How to nominate a candidate
The following electronic documents were requested to be submitted by e-mail:
- A short statement (one page), explaining the significance, innovative value and core theme(s) of the applicant’s contribution to neuropsychopharmacology.
- A summary curriculum vitae, including personal details, education and academic degrees, appointments, research experience, prizes, awards and honours, membership of professional organisations, editorial boards, publication lists, etc.
The deadline was 29 January 2021.
Selection of the winner
The award winner will be selected by the ECNP Award Committee. The award cannot be shared and cannot be won more than once by the same individual.
The award will be presented at the 34th ECNP Congress Hybrid.
View here previous ECNP Neuropsychopharmacology Award winners.