ECNP Workshop for Junior Scientists in Europe
During this three-day workshop in Nice, France, junior scientists from Europe are brought together with research leaders to discuss the latest advances and perspectives on specific topics. By promoting and encouraging the development of junior scientists seeking to pursue research careers in neuropsychopharmacology, the ECNP Workshop aims to stimulate high-quality experimental and clinical research in mental disorders and their treatments.
The Workshop focuses on three recurring topics and one variable topic. The three recurring topics are:
- Molecular and cellular
- Behavioural and systems
- Clinical and translational
The next ECNP Workshop for Junior Scientists will be held on 9-12 March 2017 in Nice, France.
The variable topic of the 2017 will be:
- The wider shores of addiction
Within each topic two distinguished scientists address specific themes, after which there are short presentations by five junior scientists, who are invited to present their research.
In addition, all participating junior scientists are required to present a poster.
- Attendance is limited to 100 junior scientists, selected on the basis of application.
- For those selected, there is no registration fee. Accommodation is free and travel will be substantially covered by ECNP. Hotel accommodation is offered for three nights in a shared room, with breakfast, at the workshop venue.
- 16 participants will be invited to speak at the next ECNP Congress.
The ECNP Workshop is funded by the ECNP Scholarship and Research Foundation (R&S), a public-interest-serving entity.