Definition of a junior scientist
For benefits related to ECNP Membership, ECNP Research Internship, Awards, Congress and Workshops
- Not older than 40 years (on the first day of the meeting)
- Must be resident in Europe (Europe being the 47 countries of the Council of Europe plus Israel and Belarus)*
- Pre-doctoral or doctoral student
Post-doc (within first four years of employment after having received their PhD)
Resident (MD’s in training within first five years after becoming MD)
* Applicable for ECNP Membership, ECNP Research Internship, Awards and Workshops.
This does not apply for benefits related to the ECNP Congress.
For benefits related to the ECNP Schools
- The schools are intended for outstanding, 'up and coming’ young psychiatrists who aspire to lead the profession in their home country in the coming years.
Applicants with substantial research training may apply during their residency (preferable after at least 2 years of clinical practice).
Applicants who have completed residency should normally not have completed more than 6 years in full time practice.
- The schools are only for residents in Europe (Europe being the 47 countries of the Council of Europe plus Israel and Belarus)