ECNP Research Internship (ERI)
The ECNP Research Internship (ERI) is an initiative of ECNP and its Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP), it aims to provide short-term research internship opportunities for early career scientists, across the spectrum of applied and translational neuroscience.
For the 2019-2020 ERI round fifteen research internships will be supported.
A selected group of senior researchers will offer a short two-week exploratory experience in their institutions.
The hosting mentor teaches the intern a basic translational research method which should be implemented at home upon return. The host is encouraged to establish a long term relationship with the intern.
Experiences from previous interns are accessible via the following links:
ECNP will fund up to 1,000 EUR to the early career scientist for the entire internship period to cover the travel and accommodation expenses.
How to apply
Application for the ECNP Research Internship will open in January 2019.
• It is not possible to apply for an internship if you have already participated in the programme during previous rounds.
• The ECNP Research Internship is only meant for researchers that fit the ECNP early career scientist criteria.
• Upon application you will be requested to insert your motivation, including a short summary on what you would like to do in the two-week period, and if your project can be continued when back home.
• The internship is especially intended for early career scientists who do not have this opportunity in their own organisation or country.
• The initiative aims to provide opportunities for early career scientists, across the spectrum of applied and translational neuroscience: translational internships are therefore valued positively.
All applications will be reviewed by the ECNP Educational Committee. Applicants will be informed of the review outcome before 1 June 2019.