It is no longer possible to apply.
The deadline was 23 February 2022.
Clinical and pre-clinical scientists were invited to apply to join the ECAP.
How to apply
A letter of motivation and curriculum vitae (CV) were requested to be sent via e-mail before 23 February 2022. The letter of motivation and CV should each not exceed two pages.
Before you apply make sure you fit the application criteria mentioned below. Please underline the segments of your CV that provide information about the fulfillment of application requirements (e.g. PhD defense date, one of the first-author papers etc.):
- Career stage on 6 April 2022:
- Clinical track: Post-graduate resident in or maximum 5 years after initiation of residency (if the training period is shorter in candidate’s country).
- Research track: (1) PhD student or (2) maximum 4 years after PhD degree and Postdoc.
- Must be resident in Europe*
*Europe being the 46 countries of the Council of Europe plus Israel.
- Fluent in English
- Attended one of the ECNP events (School or Workshop or annual Congress or Research Internship)
- One first-author paper in a JCR indexed journal in the field of neuroscience
- Not older than the age of 40 years (on 6 April 2022)
- Must be or become a member of ECNP
Besides the application requirements listed above there are a few advantageous features, although not mandatory criteria, fitting these can increase the likelihood of being selected for ECAP. Amongst other relevant info, please focus on these in your motivation letter.
The advantageous features are:
- The letter of motivation contains concrete ideas about how to improve the implementation of the ECNP aims and objectives. Also ideas on how to organize a successful ‘hybrid’ meeting are very welcome.
- Prior engagement in national or international research-related societies
- Prior experience in working in teams and/or discussion groups
- Knowledge about and experience with social media/blogs, etc.
- Attended multiple ECNP events
ECAP member benefits
Being an ECAP member comes with the following benefits:
- Being able to influence and suggest ECNP initiatives
- Networking with top scientists in the field
- Travel to and accommodation at the ECNP annual Congress funded by the ECNP
- Possibility to join other ECNP committees
The candidates are pre-selected by the ECAP based on the application review score. The final selection will be presented to the ECNP Executive Committee for approval. All applicants will be informed of the final review outcome on 6 April 2022. This is also the date that the new member will start its’ term and will join the ECAP Zoom calls and physical meetings. It is expected that ECAP members dedicate on average one hour per week to ECAP related work. ECAP organises conference calls about every 2-3 months and meets face-to-face during the annual Congress.