Early Career Scientist
Early career researchers are an integral part of the ECNP Congress and ECNP has installed a variety of measures to ensure that their participation is made as easy as possible.
To find out if you qualify as an Early Career Scientist (ECS), please click here.
Meet other Early Career Scientists at the designated area during the Welcome Reception on Saturday 15 October 2022. Members from the Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP) will be present to welcome you. Also, a QR code will be available that you can scan to help you stay in touch with other Early Career Scientists at the Congress.
Career Development Sessions (CA)
45 minutes; livestreamed; available for in-person and online participants
Location: Hall G2
These informal training sessions feature an engaging expert in the field, specifically invited to share their knowledge and experience. The topics are especially interesting for Early Career Scientists.
Browse the programme
New Findings Symposium (S)
80 minutes; livestreamed; available for in-person and online participants
As part of the programme of the Congress, six promising Early Career Scientists selected at the 2022 ECNP Workshop in Nice will give a presentation on their latest findings. Don't miss the opportunity to meet these future leaders in the field (S10).
ECNP’s Got Talent (OS)
60 minutes; livestreamed; available for in-person and online participants
ECNP entertains numerous activities for early stage researchers, such as Schools and Workshops. Here we see some of the brightest and most talented Early Career Scientists in applied neuroscience from all over Europe. For this format, we have selected the most promising ones of this already prestigious group and challenged them to compete against their peers by giving the best video presentation of their career (OS03). Performances will be judged by a jury. Not only fame, but also an award is to be won in this talent showcase that demonstrates that Europe and ECNP have enormous scientific potential.
Meet your translational match (by invitation only)
Another successful event created with input from the Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP), takes place on Monday 17 October, in the afternoon. During this matchmaking session pre-clinically and clinically oriented Early Career Scientists can get to know each other. Three selected 'matches' will receive funding from ECNP to organise a short translational internship.
- ECNP offers ECS reduced registration fee of only EUR 40 (excl. VAT)
Opportunities for Early Career Scientist abstract submitters
- Abstracts accepted for publication will be published in a digital supplement to the open access journal Neuroscience Applied.
- At the Congress, you will also gave a chance to win an ECNP Excellence Award; this award was established to encourage Early Career Scientists to present a poster during the annual ECNP Congress.
- Up to three Early Career Scientists whose research in applied and translational neuroscience has the potential to advance the science, treatment and prevention of the brain can be annually honoured with an ECNP Rising Star Award.
- At the Congress, you will also have the chance to win a ECNP Poster Award (not exclusively for Early Career Scientists). These awards are given on-site to the posters of the highest scientific excellence, presented in the most effective way. The award consists of EUR 500 and a commemorative certificate.
Early Career Advisory Panel
The Early Career Advisory Panel (ECAP) was especially set up in 2012 to come up with ideas to involve Early Career Scientists in ECNP activities. We are continuously exploring new ways to encourage the participation of early career researchers at the ECNP Congress and enrich their Congress experience. If you have ideas and suggestions, let us know by e-mail.