ECNP is currently looking for a highly organised and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant for 32/36 hours per week to perform and oversee a variety of office support assignments.
Some experience in an academic/scientific administrative environment (university, hospital, etc.) would be helpful, but is not essential.
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Work efficiently and effectively in a small, close-knit team
- Organise the workload and set priorities and be accurate
- Have attention to detail, team mentality and a positive attitude
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage communication streams such as phone calls and email boxes
- Schedule and co-ordinate internal and external meetings, videocalls and other meeting logistics as necessary
- Make travel arrangements
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Maintain general office contracts
- Participate in tenant consultations and liaise with facilities management
- Assist the Executive Director, as needed
- Assist in processing abstracts and posters
- Assist in congress-related administrative activities, as needed
- Serve as back-up for the member administration
- Serve as back-up for registration of congress and meetings
Your personal qualities
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Fluent in Dutch, spoken and written
- Highly organised
- Service minded
- Attentive to detail
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Eager to learn
- Sympathetic to the values of the non-profit sector
MBO degree or HBO work and thinking level. This position requires a minimum of three years of prior office experience, preferably in an international environment. You should be available for 32/36 hours per week, preferably live in the Utrecht area, and be willing to go abroad as needed.
ECNP offers a challenging role in a dynamic environment within an international organisation. The function comes with a competitive salary and benefits that include a pension plan, 180 hours vacation full-time based (36 hours) and guaranteed 13th month.
You are invited to apply by sending by e-mail your motivation letter in English and your Curriculum Vitae (CV). In your letter you should make clear why you feel you are suitable for the job. Please send the requested information before 13 December 2021 to this e-mail address to the attention of Ellen van den Berg. Please do not apply if you do not meet most of the above-mentioned criteria.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
ECNP is an independent, non-profit European scientific association dedicated to translating advances in the understanding of brain function and human behaviour into better treatments and enhanced public health. The association comprises some 1,000 members across Europe.
ECNP’s activities are co-ordinated by the ECNP Office and its staff of 17, located in Rijnsweerd Zuid, Utrecht, next to the Science Park. These activities include organising a wide range of scientific and educational activities, meetings and congresses across Europe.