The General Assembly, the annual general meeting of ECNP members, is ECNP’s highest deliberative body. It is held every year during the ECNP Congress and is chaired by the ECNP president or vice-president. Additional (‘extraordinary’) general assemblies may also be convened by the General Assembly or the Executive Committee. Forty ordinary members constitute a quorum (fifty in the case of extraordinary general assemblies).
The functions of the General Assembly include:
- The election of the president and Executive Committee
- Final oversight of the organisation’s financial affairs
- The annual subscriptions to be paid by members
- Amendments of the constitution
- Final determination of the organisation’s dissolution or merger
- For further information on the remit of the General Assembly, click here