Our aims and objectives
ECNP is committed to ensuring that advances in the understanding of brain function and human behaviour are translated into better treatments and enhanced public health.
- Support innovative research in the convergent disciplines of neuropsychopharmacology and facilitate the communication of ideas, discoveries and best practices.
- Encourage the scientific activities of countries in Europe and co-ordinate the development of common European standards.
- Promote the entry of young scientists into the field and support their ongoing professional development.
- Provide guidance and information to the public on matters relating to brain function and the treatment of brain disorders.
- Facilitate dialogue with regulators, government bodies, international agencies and industry.
What we do
To achieve its aims, ECNP organises a wide range of activities, programmes and events across Europe. These include:
- The annual ECNP Congress, attended by 5,000-8,000 neuroscience researchers and clinical practitioners each year.
For the communication and cross-fertilisation of research results and ideas in the field of neuropsychopharmacology.
- Workshops, for (pre-)doctorates and residents.
- Schools, for young scientists within 5 years of having received their qualification.
- Seminars, for focused interaction among young scientists.
- Targeted Expert Meetings, for in-depth discussion among senior researchers.
- Consultation Meetings, for exchange between the scientific community, European regulatory authorities and the pharmaceutical industry.
Awards and incentives
- Neuropsychopharmacology Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Media Award
- Fellowship Awards
- Poster and Travel Awards
- Free or reduced congress registration fees for young scientists
As well as addressing the scientific community, ECNP provides guidance and information to the general public on matters relevant to brain research and brain disorders.
Liaison with other key organisations in the field
To facilitate direct dialogues with other scientific bodies and indirect dialogues with the European Union Commissions, the European Parliament and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as other decision-making bodies, ECNP is member of: